Hey ladies – ever been dumped, had your heart broken or other wise been tramped upon by a man? Of course you have – we all have. And we are ALL looking for something just a little bit better (ok, maybe a WHOLE LOT better!) than what we just left. But how can we keep history from repeating itself? How can we start meeting quality men, and then after meeting them, hook them and reel them in for the trophy shot? Well, I have some tips to share with you on that, so put your ears on….
1. Co-Ed sports leagues and fitness clubs! Guys love sports, we know that, and they will totally dig a chick that loves sports too. Or better yet – how about a part time JOB at the local club?
2. Shoot pool! (Ok, this may include the obnoxious drunk, so be prepared)
3. Laundromats! Do your laundry on a Friday night or Saturday, it’s a great ice-breaker, and remember, no granny- panties!
4. Go back to school! Check out the classes that the GUYS usually take like engineering, auto mechanics, etc. If you don’t want to join, volunteer to be a class aid.
5. Get a dog and start walking in the park – and bring a Frisbee!
6. Go online! There are all kinds of places you can get a free profile (check out http://www.wheretogetthescoo p.com for 10 online dating sites that offer free profiles)
7. Crash a wedding
8. Go to graduations at the local college
9. Attend sporting events and football parties at BW3s or your local sports club (goes along w/#1)
10. Home Depot or your local Lowes – troll the isles, pretend to need help, or attend a free class on how to tile your bathroom floor!
Ok – so you have met him (finally, right?). Now what? Here is where most of us seem to need the help. One of the most important things a woman can do in a relationship to end it right then and there is to “lose her cool”. And I am not talking about just flipping out and telling him what a worthless turd he is for forgetting your anniversary. I mean the “needy Nancy” and the “paranoid Patty” and the “Longing Lucy” or “Clingy Caroline”. Let’s go over just a couple tips.
Guys want someone who is cucumber cool when they want cool, and tamale hot when they want it hot. The trick is knowing which one they want at which time, right? Exactly. One of the keys to this is following his cues and his body language, and making sure that he understands what you are wanting, looking for and needing, and that YOU understand the same from him. Never – ever – assume that just because you think you have a relationship, that you do. Let’s face it ladies, guys are clueless and we need to accept this. Follow his cues and understand his needs, and give him the space he needs when he needs it. But make sure that YOU get space too, even if you don’t think you need Jit!
Next – (you’ll like this one) do NOT give him everything he wants!! Don’t be a pushover! And by this I do not mean to try to run the relationship like a Nazi. I just mean to – be unavailable sometimes, hold that proverbial “carrot” out there over his head just a little out of reach. If you start out giving him everything he wants, you will have to either a) keep it up or b) end it at some point and he will wonder where his wonderful little slave went. Don’t start it!